Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Downside -Up

What is your favorite part of a tree? Perhaps the beautiful limbs? The leaves dancing in the wind? The succulent fruit? The impossing trunk? Well my favorite part of the tree is the roots. They are hidden yet vital to the health of the tree. Nutrients are gained through the soil. Support of the tree is found in the root system. There are beautiful trees that do not have strong roots. Eventually the tree will die. I painted a picture once where the tree was upside down. The roots were facing the sun, while the actual tree was underground. I began to realize that I want my roots to be exposed continually. I want my success to be based upon solid truth and not simply pretty results. Our lives can only progress when we continually evauate ourselves. When our scale for evaluation is based upon outward appearances only, we often decieve ourselves. Return to the roots. If something is based on lies or hurt, up root whether it appears healthy or not. If you have a small pant but see deep roots, cultivate the plant in order that it may become stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment