Saturday, June 6, 2009

The mighty oak's secret

The mighty oak's secret

A seed once asked the mighty oak how he grew so tall
The mighty oak replied" by perseverance: I soaked up the water, split through my shell.....a stretched until I finally sprung out of the Earth.
the sprout then asked the mighty oak how he grew so round
The mighty oak replied" time: year by year I added layers till I reached the girth I am now."
The young sapling then asked the mighty oak how he produced so much fruit
The mighty oak replied"through much pruning. One must know what is productive to let go of.
The tree then asked the mighty oak how he grew grew so steadfast
The mighty oak replied" by testing: the lightning struck,the winds blew, droughts came yet I was unmoving.

The tall tree knew perseverance, time, pruning, and testing had been essential to her success. Yet there was something very valuable she felt missing from the equation
The wise Oak knew what the tree was thinking and said
" Oh you blossoming tree so mighty and sweet,you are right in your observation of needing more than what you know you have gained. Your true strength has been with you all along. It is not seen, hidden below. It is your roots. Without your roots you would not have had the perseverance to stretch forth, the ability to wait as you matured, withstand pruning, nor stood strong when tested. My secret lies in my roots which are planted deep. When I whither away,my roots will remain. And it was from my seed in which you came from.

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment