Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dry

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
all of these roots are climbing up from out of the ground.
passed feeling, lack of healing
dirty noise, ugly sound.

I have this idea that the only music I'll ever hear
is the sound of stagnation beatin' loud and clear.

But I want to to to
turn the things around,
and I want to to to
turn the lies around.

Times rearranging,
eyes keep on changing,
mouths spitting fury and ears disconnecting.

Bodies movin' backwards ,
brains getting weary,
thougts getting heavy
and we're still not ready

Because I'm told

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change

If the heaviest rain brings the most wealth
Then this is the driest rain I've ever felt!

1 comment:

  1. "I have this idea that the only music I'll ever hear
    is the sound of stagnation beatin' loud and clear."

    I really feel this, like even knowing and recognizing that you are not moving forward is still not enough motivation to get you going.

    ReplyDelete